Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Hubby's Birthday and Banana Cake

Pre Carter, my husband's birthday was a priority.  Now that it is 2 days later, we have had two different types of cake (cherry and chocolate cupcakes), and I am all caked out.  Almost.  I asked my husband what type of cake he would like for his birthday.  His initial reply was none.  I said, "we have to celebrate your birthday, for the kids,".  So, he blurts out pretty quickly, "banana cake with banana frosting".  Okay?  I have made a ton of banana bread/cake in my lifetime, but not gluten free.  Once again, I pulled out my old favorite standby banana bread recipe and deglutened it.  Here goes:

Gluten Free Banana Cake Recipe

1/2 cup organic butter softened
3/4 cup sucanat (organic sugar is fine)
2 pastured eggs
2 mashed ripened bananas
3/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 white rice flour
1/4 heaping tsp guar gum or xantham gum
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sucanat.  Add eggs and beat well.  Add bananas and mix.  Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.  Pour into greased pan (loaf, pie, muffin).  Bake at 325.  This is a glass pie plate and I baked for 25 minutes. 

Banana Frosting (first time ever)

1/4 stick softened butter
1 medium ripe banana
1 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and banana.  Add sugar.  Mix well. Add vanilla and mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment