Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Coconut Flour Pancakes and Double Digits!

Today is my 2nd child's 10th birthday.  He has hit double digits.  Where has the time gone?  As I look back on his life, I see so much joy.  I have read to him at bedtime since he was little.  I love his quirky behaviors and his cute dimples.  I remember the mornings (every single one) that he would crawl into bed with my husband and I at 4am.  I now enjoy listening to him sing in church and perform in musicals.  I wonder what the next 10 years will bring.

This morning, I asked Carter what he would like for breakfast.  Pancakes, bacon and a smoothie is what he answered.  We are gluten free, so I have several gluten free pancakes that I make him.  This is the one that he asked for.

Gluten Free Coconut Flour Pancakes

3 pastured eggs (I used Tropical Traditions eggs)
3 T. water or fruit juice (I used organic orange juice)
2 T. olive oil
2 T. organic maple syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
dash cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
1/4 c. coconut flour (I use Tropical Traditions)

Preheat cast iron skillet. Whisk together eggs, water, oil, maple syrup, salt, baking soda. If desired add cinnamon and vanilla for a sweeter more flavorful waffle. Add flour and whisk until there are no lumps. Generously oil preheated pan and make delicious pancakes. 



"Thanks, Mom" he says.  No.  Thank you Carter for 10 fun, interesting, challenging, wonderful, and amazing years!  Love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment